Kidszone is a fun, caring and friendly afterschool and holiday club for children aged 3-11 years. We are based at Withington Scout Hut and our care is based on secure, stimulating and creative play led by the children and overseen and encouraged by the staff.
Our current team consists of 1 manager, 1 deputy manager, 5 playwork staff, 1 administrator and 2 directors. At least 50% of our playwork staff hold relevant playwork and/or teaching qualifications. We operate a ratio of at least 1 staff member to 8 children regardless of their age.
Kidszone has operated an afterschool care provision for over 10 years. It was initially set up by parents of children attending St Paul's CE Primary School, Withington and was based out of two locations - St Paul's Church Hall and Withington Methodist Hall. It was run by a voluntary parent committee and employed 3 part time playwork staff.
In January 2012 Kidszone moved into the newly renovated Withington Scout Hut with more space in the main hall and outside plus an office, kitchen and two small rooms for quiet(er) play. We worked with Ofsted and the Scout Hut Committee to get the Scout Hut equipped and registered as a suitable venue prior to us moving in.
In February 2012 Kidszone launched its Holiday Care and operates holiday care every holiday except Christmas/December holiday. In June 2013 Kidszone launched its website www.kidszoneonline.co.uk
In November 2013 Kidszone became Kidszone Out of School Care Limited with Lisa Barber and Elaine Lees as its directors.
In April 2016 Kidszone was inspected by Ofsted and awarded Outstanding in all areas - something that we had been working towards for many years. Our aim now is to remain an outstanding provision and constantly work to improve our offer for children and parents.
Current initiatives include:
1. Parents/carers survey - results due out soon
2. New mesh fence along boundary of outside area (Kidszone initiated this and contributed to the cost with the Scout Hut)
3. New sports equipment - including volleyballs, skateboard, footballs, hula hoops
4. Backpacks for all children for our holiday care trips - practical and visible
5. Even better trips/activities - seaside, museums and sports coaching
6. Attendance at St Paul's Primary School new starters meeting in July and offering open day visits for all prospective parents/children joining us in September
7. Facebook and twitter pages to keep parents/carers updated on our activities
We are always planning new activities and resources and consult regularly with the children as to what we should invest in and develop for afterschool and holiday care.