We are delighted to let you know that Kidszone will be reopening and offering holiday care this Summer (21 July to 13 August).
We have guidance from the Department for Education on how we can operate safely and have undertaken our own risk assessments.
Kidszone will have to do things a bit differently this summer but we will still have a busy, fun packed time with loads of creative activities and games to keep children engaged and challenged throughout the day. Read on to find out what changes we have made and how to book - as things are a bit different there too.
In order to make Kidszone safe for children and staff we will:
- Have two consistent bubbles of 15 children – limiting places to a maximum of 30
- Have small staff teams with each bubble
- Encourage social distancing for children (but we are mindful that this will be more challenging for the younger children and will adapt activities accordingly to help them)
- Open Tues/Weds/Thurs each week – enabling us to have a quarantine period over each weekend
- Open 9am until 5.30pm each day to allow for cleaning before and after each day
- Have separate arrival and departure points/doors for each bubble
- Divide the scout hut main room into two – so that resources and spaces can be kept separate
- Have one bubble outside at any one time to keep bubbles separate
- Allocate one staff member from each bubble to be designated ‘cleaner’ at any one time to ensure frequently touched surfaces are regularly cleaned
- Have a separate toilet for each bubble accessible from their area of the main room
- Insist on hand washing for staff and children as they arrive and leave Kidszone (hand sanitiser to be used if soap and water not available)
- Encourage hand washing throughout the day, before and after eating snack and lunch and have hand sanitiser available indoors and outdoors in each bubble
- Have tissues and lidded bins available to each bubble indoors and outdoors
- Serve healthy snacks in the morning and afternoon but the self serve snack trolley will not be used – staff will provide individual portions of snacks to each child.
- Clean all resources/toys/games after use or put in 72 hr quarantine.
- Continue to offer a wide range of craft activities, games and sports fun but will ensure these can be done safely, with social distancing where possible.
We will also put in place procedures to protect you when dropping off and collecting your child such as no parents/carers insider of the scout hut, clear 2m marking outside of the scout hut, agreeing in advance whether craft creations can be brought home etc and you will be informed of these in detail prior to attending.
Booking open for Summer
Bookings are now open for summer holiday care. But we are allocating places differently this summer because of the limit on places and the need to keep consistent bubbles throughout.
- Kidszone Holiday Care is running Tues/Weds/Thurs each week for 4 weeksstarting Tues 21 July and running until Thurs 13 August.
- Parents who book the 3 days across all 4 weeks will be given priority - this is because we are limited to how many children we can have.
- You do not have to book all days/weeks but the more days/weeks you book the more likely you are to get a place.We will hold a waiting list for anyone not booking the full 4 weeks and your place will be confirmed by 14 July latest.
- Once booked and confirmed in writing then there will be no refundsand the full amount is payable. If you do not confirm your place within 24 hrs then it will not be guaranteed.
- We will not be offering refunds in the event that your child shows symptoms of Covid-19 and has to isolate or has to isolate because someone in their household shows symptoms or is tested positive.
- In the event that Kidszone is not able to operate – then you would be refunded any unused sessions.
- Daily rate is £27 per day, per week £81, all 4 weeks £324 per child.
We would encourage you to book as soon as possible to secure your place. You will be sent more information and a parent confirmation upon receipt of your booking details.
Please also read the latest government guidance for parents and carers here.