October Holiday Care 2015
'Spooky but fun' was definitely the theme for October half term holiday care, with a trip to Spookyworld in Warrington, our Haunted House creation in the Scout Hut and lots of Halloween themed creative activities. We went to the cinema at Parrswood to see the Minions movie and had a Monster Party on the Friday. Images coming soon in the gallery section.
Summer Holiday Care 2015
We had our busiest Summer yet, and it was packed full of great trips, activities and outdoor play. We had weekly themes including Dinosaurs, Pirates, X-Factor and the Beach. Building a giant Triceratops, our indoor beach and the trip to the Maize Maze were amongst the highlights. Our summer party had to move indoors because of the rain, but that didn't stop our children from bouncing on the bouncy castle, having their faces painted and dancing to the sounds from our resident DJ. See pictures from the activities in our gallery section.
May Half Term Holiday Care 2015
For May half term holiday we had a theme of food and planned our activities around this (see pictures in our gallery)
Tuesday 26 May
AM Making cheese scones and creating a farm collage artwork
PM Making fruit kebabs and coloured pasta jewellery and model making
Wednesday 27 May
All day trip to Wythenshawe Park, visiting their farm and adventure play area, with a picnic lunch and play team ball games in the afternoon.
Thursday 28 May
AM Making cookies and junk modelling
PM Pizza making and painting junk modelling
Friday 29 May
AM Making fairy cakes and craft with Hama beads
PM 'Farm to fork' visit to Tesco East Didsbury where the children found out about where our food comes from and how it is made, including a look behind the scenes at Tesco.
Plus all week our role play area was a café and we will had books, board games, Wii games (on limited play times) and outdoor play equipment available throughout each day.
Easter Holiday Care April 2015
Easter Holiday Care had a fortnight of fun and trips..see pictures in our gallery.
- Easter themed activies including easter egg decorating and egg basket making
- Easter egg hunt at Ladybarn Park
- Trip to Farmer Ted's Adventure Farm Park in Ormskirk (Mon 13 April)
- Trip to Withington Fire Station (Thurs 16 April pm)
- DJing with our expert DJ - aka playworker Colin (Fri 17 pm)
- Emergency Services themed role play area throughout the week
- Plus baking, crafts and lots of outdoor play
Highlights from February Half Term 2015
- Cinema trip to Cineworld, Parrs Wood on Tues 17 Feb
- Chinese New Year Celebrations on Thurs 19 Feb
- Blue Planet Aquarium trip on Fri 20 Feb