We are currently looking for a passionate, experienced and qualified to level 3, Senior Playworker.
They will work closely with the Manager and Deputy Manager to implement our policies and procedures effectively, help plan activities, mentor junior staff members and take ownership of many aspects of the day to day operations.
Kidszone Out of School Care Ltd is an Ofsted Outstanding afterschool and holiday care provision based in Withington, Manchester. We run the afterschool care for a local primary school and offer holiday care for any child aged 3-11 years.
The successful candidate will be:
- Passionate about working with children
- Reliable, flexible and hard-working
- Confident in building relationships with parents
- Organised and a good communicator with children and adults
- Willing to learn and participate in training to further develop their skills
- Competent and prepared to take the lead in the absence of the Manager/Deputy
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- External training to further develop you as a childcare practitioner
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 5.6 weeks (pro rata) annual paid holiday
Applicants should have the following qualifications/skills:
- At least 2 years recent experience working with children aged 3-11, preferably in an out of school or school setting
- Level 3 Diploma in childcare/early years/play work or equivalent
- Working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage
This position is for a total of 17.5 hours each week during term time, Monday to Friday and 25 hrs each week Monday to Friday during holiday care. You will work at after school care from 2:30pm-6pm. During holiday care you must be available to work shifts between 8am-6:15pm to be agreed with the Manager. Annual leave entitlement is 5.6 weeks, pro rata.
Salary: £8.25 per hour (17.5hrs per week term time, 25 hrs per week holiday care), permanent contract, 52 weeks per year
Closing date for applications is 31 July.
Please note this position is subject to enhanced DBS and reference checks.
Download Kidszone Job Application Form
Download Job Description for Senior Playworker role